Sunday, October 19, 2014

Honeymoon Blues

Where do i even begin?

It is 4:25ish pm. I've been pushed into the kitchen by my hungry family to prepare dinner for them. My mind started wandering and it hit me. I miss Romance. Swooning over the small things.

My Daydreaming thought bubble has floated us through the German hills and placed us down for a picnic on the long spread out greenery with the Autumn sun hitting us, him relaxed and happy and myself as well. We have a blanket underneath of us and we're just sitting there, no Ipads, iphones, i anything. Just quality time. Basically the view from my window would be the perfect setting for this.
I'm not talking about anything grand here people. I don't need anything expensive to be swooned. Per example, when my husband and I were first dating he would come over at random to surprise me. One time he came over saying "I have kisses for you" and I smiled thinking the obvious then he pulls out behind his back a bag of kisses candy. Those small things now many years later stick with you. Hold that bond of glue, make it strong.

Here i am though, my view... Don't get me wrong. The domesticated life is In hindsight what i wanted. A family, Him and i living out our life together with our Offspring. i'm not complaining.

But, i do miss Romance. The nights on the town, the way he would look at me. Call me nostalgic, sentimental, whatever suits this. But here you go, heart on my sleeve opening up.
i'm not even a big fan of flowers, what it takes to care for them and not having a green thumb. But the sentiment, the thought and care, that meaning behind it. That's what i long for.

Out of all of this i'm not saying that my husband is a bad husband. By far he is not. We've been through a lot together, also together for some time now (7 going on 8 years). But in that time somewhere our importance as a couple downgraded as other needs were upgraded. Our daughter who makes us so incredibly happy and i'm happy to say we have a really great connection with. She fills us in ways that are unimaginable. Loving her with every fiber of our beings. But i also miss being enveloped in my husband.

I'm not saying i need grand gestures to keep this at bay (If you watch Judy and Benjis Vlogs on It'sjudyslife and saw what he did for her recently, i mean every girl can dream right?) But those little things with great thought really do just as much good.

  • The placement of hands on the face and going in for that kiss
  • Saying i love you but looking into the eyes saying it
  • The slight but not so obvious having you walk on the inside of a street vs closer to the road out of care
  • Taking the time out of your day to do something small, simple, but powerful in statement for the person you love
  • Small gestures of help in the house
  • Compliments...yes...compliments when you least feel your best
You get what i'm saying right?




Those simple but sweet gratifying moments. Things you hold onto and look back on from time to time.

With all of this being said, this began as a thought bubble as i was cooking. Nothing is wrong with our relationship. In fact, we're strong, our foundation is rock steady. But i wouldn't mind a pinch of hot Tabasco sauce on top of our plate. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment