Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Start of an Adventure

Welcome Lords and Ladies of the court, I think if you're reading this it is pretty obvious but I've decided to start blogging. Mostly because I feel, though all blogs are equal no two are the same and I feel I can somehow contribute to this blogging community. If not only for my rambling thought process but things i think everyone can relate to. 

To life as a Mom (which lets face it, is as stimulating as you can get.) To life as a wife to a Active Duty Airman (also stimulating in its constant motion of change of living quarters, travels, trials and tribulations with its rewards.) To little old me, and I mean old, I just turned 27 and I'm officially in my late 20's.... 

I'd like to start off my blog by touching on something current. My husband daughter and I are PCSing (moving for non military folk) from Ramstein, Germany to New Mexico. We're originally from Washington state. Ramstein was/is our first duty location.
 I'm currently in a waiting room for passports for out processing. My husband has decided to sit me here and wait like an obedient dog while he is in a meeting. I scowled and walked down to the room knowing it would be easier.  I'm overhearing the most interesting conversation between 2 military men about their exes. (Yes divorce rate is high and I've heard especially in the military). Personally I'm not worried about divorce with us, I've been married before and I know what it's like, but we will touch base on that later. 

It is a scary to know hey, we're moving you from point A to B. Point B you know nothing about. But have fun acclimating! I guess It shouldn't be so hard, I have drove through New Mexico a couple times and we do have an idea of where we are living next. Not as hard as it was here in Germany where it's a whole other language entirely. 

I did live in Germany for 8-9 years of my childhood. My dad is retired military so I've bounced around a lot. I'd say every 3 years on average. Back and forth to Germany. So I kind of knew what we were getting ourselves into when we came here. But a lot can change in 10+years and things are much different as an adult. I will admit at first it was daunting, tiring, being somewhere outside your comfort zone but towards the end I'm glad we had this 3 year stint here. We've traveled a lot! France, Luxembourg, Germany, etc. but back to current events.

Out processing yes... My husband (Nate) has told me it is a long laundry list of items we have to do to out process. The reason I'm even here waiting is because we are currently a 1 car family so myself being the most flexible link in the family have been promoted, or rather demoted to personal driver to the family. I relate to Branson from Downtown Abbey so much more now then I thought I could to a character. Only kidding.... Or am I?

Oh! The husband has just appeared. Is it funny I can recognize him from a distance? Is it just me or can you relate?

(He's on the far right with all his "gear")


18 min later:
My husband has recruited me to help him carry large bags of gear to drop off. It's a good thing I'm not weak. I use to work out by using my husbands weight on my back and walk or do lunges with him there. I can in fact pick up and carry my father who's over 220 pounds (sorry dad). Just call me muscles. Haha.

Well folks, ladies, gentlemen, children of the court. I am going to retire for the day from this blog to have lunch with the hubby. I think if time allows I'll do this daily. If you're coming from our vlog channel thanks for checking this little nibble of deeper insight out! If you're just coming across this, my family and I do videos on YouTube at USAAFFAMILY. I promise it won't be all military related. For now- Hasta Luego mis amigos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment